Anyone worried about Russia-Ukraine crisis

Bingoman
Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by Bingoman »

Rachel wrote: Because Putin had lost so many senior commanders in this war, he's had to call this man out of retirement. I very much doubt that General Pavel will be fitting into a tank anytime soon. Putin is scraping the bottom of the barrel (no pun intended) now.

59537743-0-image-a-30_1656240334127.jpg
Blimey I thought I was slightly overweight but he just takes the biscuit :D
Times are hard and friends are few
swingaleg
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 940 times

Post by swingaleg »

Bingoman wrote:
Rachel wrote: Because Putin had lost so many senior commanders in this war, he's had to call this man out of retirement. I very much doubt that General Pavel will be fitting into a tank anytime soon. Putin is scraping the bottom of the barrel (no pun intended) now.

59537743-0-image-a-30_1656240334127.jpg
Blimey I thought I was slightly overweight but he just takes the biscuit :D
looks like he's taken more than one biscuit !

:lol:
Doctor_Wibble
Has liked: 751 times
Been liked: 1194 times

Post by Doctor_Wibble »

Day 133.
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/7/6 ... ts-day-133

No idea what reality Lavrov is in, but it's definitely not the same one as the rest of us.
The West is seeking to turn Ukraine “into an openly Russophobic, neo-Nazi state, a military foothold” that would threaten Russia’s security, Lavrov said... ,
:shock:
E&OE, P&P not included, warranty void if viewed 😎
Doctor_Wibble

Post by Doctor_Wibble »

Ukraine sent dozens of 'dronations' to build army of drones
Dozens of people have given their hobby and commercial drones to Ukraine after it appealed for "dronations" to help build its "army of drones".

The country is also asking for money to buy 200 military reconnaissance drones.

Ukrainian and Russian forces have used small consumer drones, or unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV), in the war.
Ont thing I had previously pondered when seeing how many drones were in use (and detection of them etc) was what range those drone/hover toys have and how well a detection system would cope with a cloud of the things being lobbed at them or even dropped from a delivery drone (potentially also cheap, unguided) with a surprise hidden in one or more of them.

Plus or minus how slowly they descend, wind direction etc.
Doctor_Wibble

Post by Doctor_Wibble »

First reaction being "****" .

Ukraine war: Russia's Lavrov says ready to expand war aims
"We cannot allow the part of Ukraine controlled by [Ukrainian President Volodymyr] Zelensky... to possess weapons that would pose a direct threat to our territory," Mr Lavrov said in the interview with Margarita Simonyan - a well-known commentator on Russian TV and editor-in-chief of broadcaster RT.
"The geography is different now," he said, naming the southern Kherson and Zaporizhzhia regions as Russia's latest objectives. Moscow's forces already occupy parts of both regions.
:shock: but not especially surprised :(
Doctor_Wibble

Post by Doctor_Wibble »

Some good news though, export/shipping deal/truce/treaty just been signed.

https://news.sky.com/story/deal-reached ... s-12656951
Deal reached between Russia and Ukraine to resume grain exports from Black Sea ports, UN chief says
Friday 22 July 2022 15:31, UK
[...]
UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres called on Russia and Ukraine to fully implement the accord which opens the way to "significant volumes of commercial food exports" from three key Ukrainian ports - Odesa, Chornomorsk and Yuzhne.
Doctor_Wibble

Post by Doctor_Wibble »

Not wanting to have too much of the shiny happy news...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-62252704
Russia 'looting' steel bound for Europe and UK, says Metinvest boss
[...]
Russia is looting $600m (£500m) worth of steel from plants and ports in Ukraine, according to the boss of Ukraine's largest steel firm Metinvest.

The firm owns the Azovstal plant that became the last holdout of Ukrainian soldiers and civilians during the devastation of the city of Mariupol.

Chief executive Yuriy Ryzhenkov said steel was being transferred to Russia and sold on, some of which had been bound for customers in the UK.

The Kremlin has not commented
Doctor_Wibble

Post by Doctor_Wibble »

FFS :evil:

Ukraine war: Explosions rock Ukrainian port hours after grain deal
Explosions have rocked a key Ukrainian port just a day after Kyiv and Moscow reached a landmark deal to allow the resumption of grain exports.
Two missiles hit the city of Odesa in the early hours of Saturday morning, Ukraine's military said.
Under the terms of Friday's deal, Russia agreed not to target ports while grain shipments are in transit.
A spokesperson for the military's southern command said the strike had minimal impact.
[...]
The text of the document signed by Russia in Istanbul has yet to be made public. UN officials say it's identical to the one signed by Ukraine.
It says the parties "will not undertake any attacks against merchant vessels….and port facilities engaged in this initiative".
I think there will be some slimy attempt at inventing a technicality around that wording (Bibs) , assuming Russia bothers to even acknowledge that it happened.
Doctor_Wibble

Post by Doctor_Wibble »

^^ article updated shortly after posting, there was one comment from a Russian MP saying actually it was only military infrastructure that was hit (though comment gone now) and there's the official denial of knowing anything:
Turkey's defence minister said Russian officials had denied carrying out the strikes.

"In our contact with Russia, the Russians told us that they had absolutely nothing to do with this attack, and that they were examining the issue very closely and in detail," Hulusai Akar said in a short statement.
So someone in the fleet going off-script or were they following new orders to the letter...?
Doctor_Wibble

Post by Doctor_Wibble »

Not often I reference the twit-o-matic but the front line gallows humour...

The sign my rocket channel gets a dash of the pythonic:

https://mobile.twitter.com/SignMyRocket ... 5790533638

(for those that can't read it, the message on the one shown is
'Russani eunt domus'
:mrgreen: )