Football season 2022/23

swingaleg
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 1074 times

Football season 2022/23

Post by swingaleg »

Football is now a 365 day a year sport but with the resumption of the Premier League tonight it does seem like 'out with the old season' and 'in with the new'

Palace v Arsenal kicks it all off tonight

What do I expect ......

Man City and Liverpool fight out for the title

two London teams from three ....... Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal....... to compete for the two remaining Champions League spots

Man Utd to continue their slide down the rankings and to be competing for 6th or 7th place with West Ham, Newcastle, Villa

Teams like Leicester, Everton, Southampton, Brentford to trundle along in the mid table

The promoted teams, ....... Bournemouth, Fulham, Forest ...... to be around the bottom six with Leeds, Wolves and some of those mid table trundlers

Likely improvers ...... Brighton, Palace could be teams on the up

Forest have bought a shedload of new players and might do best of the promoted teams

The French and German top flights also kick off with one game tonight
Peregrine Trousers
Has liked: 1400 times
Been liked: 995 times

Football season 2022/23

Post by Peregrine Trousers »

Looking like a familiar story in the Premier league with just a different three teams battling relegation. Top looks just between Man City and Liverpool again, so 3rd and 4th spots up for grabs once more. Tottenham getting better under Conte and Arsenal have strengthened over the summer, so that battle will be interesting. I think it will be difficult for Man Utd to slide further and would expect an improvement from them, but as a neutral in terms of the EPL, I just hope it's a bit more competitive at the top end.

For myself, I will be back at Rodney Parade for Newports first home game of what will be a very difficult season in a very competitive league. The first priority is to get to 50 points as quickly as possible to preserve league status, and then look to play offs or better if achievable. Decent away point last week though, so who knows.
I'd love to stay and chat...........but.
swingaleg
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 1074 times

Football season 2022/23

Post by swingaleg »

It's the Edinburgh Derby at Hibs today, live on TV, noon kick off

Over on DS one of the small clique of football betting FMs was a Hearts fan who sadly passed away this week after a long and courageous battle with terminal cancer ....... he was a great guy and very inspirational

So I'll be having a few quid on Hearts and cheering them on with a tear in my eye ........