Favourite computer programs or add-ons

Talk about computers, software, tech manufacturers
Dave
Has liked: 1465 times
Been liked: 2748 times

Post by Dave »

Thinking about FB Purity which I've recommended to others to ease the pain of Facebook browsing, has got me wondering what other people use, from full on programs /suites such as MS Office (containing my all-time favourite, Excel :type: ) to smaller programs like add-ons for browsers

I use Firefox, and couldn't be without "Foxy Gestures", which is not a wild canine "flipping the bird" at you, but an add-on which allows navigation by simple movement of the mouse, usually accompanied by a right-click. So for me, right plus a left drag goes back a page, right drag forward, a left facing arrow shape opens a new tab, up then left goes to my home page etc. It's amazing how easy it is to browse and hardly move your hand at all!

Anyone got any they would like to share? :D
Dave (aka Admin)

www.natterzone.com - a chat forum based in the UK but for anyone in the world to talk about anything that they want to!
Doctor_Wibble
Has liked: 982 times
Been liked: 1535 times

Post by Doctor_Wibble »

For browser add ons I'll first suggest Print Edit where you can adjust the page before printing (paper or to a file) to remove the navbars, headers, sidebars of optional shame etc to get just the article.

The other one is **** off with the ****ing popups about I Don't Care About Cookies.
E&OE, P&P not included, warranty void if viewed 😎
Dave

Post by Dave »

I think I have the latter, but not sure it's properly set up, as I still get the popups on most new sites!
Dave (aka Admin)

www.natterzone.com - a chat forum based in the UK but for anyone in the world to talk about anything that they want to!
finlux
Has liked: 3063 times
Been liked: 846 times

Post by finlux »

Oh good question! Prepare to be bored shi rigid :mrgreen:

I used to be a big fan of Firefox and used it for many years, but now use Edge which is surprisingly very good with a huge selection of addons available.

Addon wise: I use "I Don't Care About Cookies", but would not be without "uBlock Origin" - blocks ads, popups, cosmetic filtering & it fully customisable. Another great one is "Enhancer for YouTube" - adds options to YouTube that should be there in the first place.

As a Windows 10 user, I have "Shut Up 10" (which also works on Win 11) blocks telemetry & other stuff. But my favourite customising tool is the excellent "Winaero Tweaker". SO many customisable options!

I hate Windows 10 start menu, so use "Open Shell" - I have my menu looking like the Windows 7 one, which IMHO is the best start menu Microsoft created.

Favourite other programs are: "4K Video Downloader" (can download videos from lots of sites, including YT), "PowerDirector" for video editing, "Audacity" for audio editing & "Spotify" (free) for music. Also love Microsoft's "Your Phone Companion" too.

And finally for anyone still awake, "Macrium Reflect" as an image backup tool.
Dave

Post by Dave »

^^ I use Audacity too. Very good piece of software! :D
Dave (aka Admin)