Windows 10 slowing down

Talk about computers, software, tech manufacturers
Dave
Has liked: 1465 times
Been liked: 2748 times

Windows 10 slowing down

Post by Dave »

finlux wrote: Slightly OT, but my favourite 'tweaker' program is Winaero Tweaker.

A great utility to get Windows to behave the way you want it! Yes, I really am that sad! :D :type:
To be fair @finlux, that's the one I tried!

I deleted after sorting the shortcut arrow issue, but not because I didn't trust it, rather that having just had slow running issues I didn't want to introduce anything new at this stage. I think I will get it back in time, as like you, I've always been a fan of programs like this. I remember Tweak UI from previous versions of Windows :D
Dave (aka Admin)

www.natterzone.com - a chat forum based in the UK but for anyone in the world to talk about anything that they want to!
finlux
Has liked: 3063 times
Been liked: 846 times

Windows 10 slowing down

Post by finlux »

Dave wrote:
finlux wrote: Slightly OT, but my favourite 'tweaker' program is Winaero Tweaker.

A great utility to get Windows to behave the way you want it! Yes, I really am that sad! :D :type:
To be fair @finlux, that's the one I tried!

I deleted after sorting the shortcut arrow issue, but not because I didn't trust it, rather that having just had slow running issues I didn't want to introduce anything new at this stage. I think I will get it back in time, as like you, I've always been a fan of programs like this. I remember Tweak UI from previous versions of Windows :D
Now, that's a blast from the past! Windows XP was the last time I used that. :o
Dave
Has liked: 1465 times
Been liked: 2748 times

Windows 10 slowing down

Post by Dave »

^^ Tweak UI was great - small but full of function

IIRC there was a follow up for later WIndows versions (which may have been made by someone else) which was similarly named but nowhere near as good!
Dave (aka Admin)

www.natterzone.com - a chat forum based in the UK but for anyone in the world to talk about anything that they want to!
finlux
Has liked: 3063 times
Been liked: 846 times

Windows 10 slowing down

Post by finlux »

I didn't know that!

I went from XP to 7, bypassing Vista (except on a VM) and Tweak UI didn't work. I found a program called Ultimate Windows Tweaker which was a decent replacement, until I found Winaero.

I'm SUCH a sad geek. :roll: :D