What's Everyone listening to?

finlux
Has liked: 2770 times
Been liked: 780 times

Post by finlux »

^^^ I remember It's My Party, which IMHO was one of those rare songs where I preferred the cover to the original!

Not there is anything wrong with Lesley Gore's original, it's superb, I just prefer the cover.
Dave
Has liked: 921 times
Been liked: 2124 times

Post by Dave »

^^ I know what you mean @finlux

For me, I usually prefer the version I've heard first, even if it's not the original, but that rule is not hard and fast. I actually like listening to different versions of the same song back to back to hear how the interpretations differ. You might recall that I posted three different versions of "Voyage Voyage" last August
Dave (aka Admin)

www.natterzone.com - a chat forum based in the UK but for anyone in the world to talk about anything that they want to!
swingaleg
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 763 times

Post by swingaleg »

As far as It's My Party and Locomotion are concerned I know the originals ......... that's my era !

And of course it was a good snigger at the line 'nobody knows where my johnny has gone' ........... 😜
Dave

Post by Dave »

swingaleg wrote: As far as It's My Party and Locomotion are concerned I know the originals ......... that's my era !

And of course it was a good snigger at the line 'nobody knows where my johnny has gone' ........... 😜
^^ I'll have to admit that I never thought of that!
Dave (aka Admin)

www.natterzone.com - a chat forum based in the UK but for anyone in the world to talk about anything that they want to!
finlux

Post by finlux »

Dave wrote: ^^ I know what you mean @finlux

For me, I usually prefer the version I've heard first, even if it's not the original, but that rule is not hard and fast. I actually like listening to different versions of the same song back to back to hear how the interpretations differ. You might recall that I posted three different versions of "Voyage Voyage" last August
Agreed. Often a cover is nowhere near as good as the original, other times it is much better. Like Sirenia's version of Voyage Voyage. A fantastic cover that blows the originals out of the water.
Dave

Post by Dave »

^^ I've not heard that one yet!

I have a Sirenia album, I like Voyage Voyage, so not sure how I've missed it!
Dave (aka Admin)

Deb Arkle
Has liked: 860 times
Been liked: 514 times

Post by Deb Arkle »

swingaleg wrote: As far as It's My Party and Locomotion are concerned I know the originals ......... that's my era !

We used to sing the next line as "I'll have to take the pill" ! :lol:

I didn't realise there were two Dave Stewarts, I always thought it was the same guy! :o
Dave

Post by Dave »

Going back to Voyage Voyage, I've been listening to other covers :)

Here's the Sirenia one that @finlux mentioned above

And here's one that's either done in a Gregorian fashion, or by a group called "Gregorian". Must admit my hopes for this were not fulfilled!

I quite like this one

and this one

Dave (aka Admin)

finlux

Post by finlux »

^^^ I see what you mean about the 'Gregorian' one!

I liked the Ки? Туа! version of Voyage, Voyage, but my favourite is still Sirenia's version.
Dave

Post by Dave »

^^ I think my overall VV favourite is the acoustic version by Desireless :D
Dave (aka Admin)